Some Social Security Disability Tips to celebrate Labor Day.
1. Do not wait to file your Application. You can lose benefits if you wait too long to file. It also takes a long time to process your application so you might as well get started.
2. Go to the doctor. You cannot win your Social Security Disability case if you do not have medical treatment. You should go to the doctor as much as you need to. Social Security Judges look seriously at what your medical records contain.
3. Tell the doctor all your problems and limitations. It makes more of an impact when Social Security sees your limitations reported in the medical records. The doctor cannot read your mind so explain how your conditions affect your activities of daily living. Such as, I need to spend most of the day with my legs propped up because they swell all the time.
4. Do not give up. It does not do any good to file your application for disability, and then not appeal it when you are denied. This also causes you to lose benefits. You also must start over if you do not appeal. This is a waste time. You only have 60 days to file your appeal.
5. Know what to expect. Do not go into your disability hearing without understanding what questions the Judge will ask and why the Vocational Expert is very important to your case.